Archive | Finance sector development RSS feed for this section Finance sector development, Health, Information and Communications TechnologyEconomics, Finance sector developmentFinance sector development, GenderEconomics, Finance sector developmentEconomics, Finance sector developmentEconomics, Environment, Finance sector development, Governance and public sector managementEconomics, Environment, Finance sector development, Governance and public sector managementEconomics, Finance sector development, Industry and trade, Information and Communications TechnologyBlog, Climate change, Finance sector developmentEconomics, Finance sector development
Fintech’s pandemic-related boost to financial inclusion, MSME resilience, and women’s empowerment in Asia
Fintech has been instrumental in helping to sustain businesses and households during the COVID-19 pandemic, with scope to be an integral driver of sustainable economic development in the post-pandemic era.
Asia has made substantial progress on economic development over the past 3 decades, with the quality of institutions playing an important role.
By Peter J. Morgan. Posted July 29, 2022
Asia has seen steady overall progress on financial inclusion, but gender gaps are still growing in some countries.
Quantitative easing measures in Southeast Asia helped to alleviate pressure on long-term bond yields and support stability in asset markets.
By John Beirne. Posted May 18, 2022
The yen’s safe-haven status has been called into question after sharp depreciations amid rising energy prices and widening global interest rate differentials relative to Japan.
Close collaboration, innovative project design, and technical and management capacity building have supported green development and air quality improvement by the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
By Sayuri Shirai. Posted February 3, 2022
Central banks are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of considering climate change risks, such as physical and transition risks, and some have already launched monetary policy initiatives within the mandate of price stability.
By John Beirne. Posted January 27, 2022
Digitalization is helping to transform economies by enhancing economy-wide competitiveness and productivity, with trade being an important channel. The use of big data and the emergence of online platforms have further bolstered the progression of the digital economy, particularly in Asia.
By Nella Sri Hendriyetty, Jacqueline Cottrell, Alexander Boden and Misuzu Nakamura. Posted October 5, 2021
The final months of 2021 will be a crucial time for climate policy. At the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) in Glasgow from 31 October to 12 November, countries will need to come forward and show that they take the commitments that they made in Paris seriously and that they will reduce GHG emissions such that we reach net zero by 2050 to meet the climate targets of the Paris Agreement. Carbon pricing and other fiscal policies will play a critical role.
By John Beirne. Posted September 20, 2021
With an improved growth outlook in the United States (US) in the second half of 2021 as the economy recovers from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in part related to the substantial fiscal stimulus in the US introduced at the start of 2021, the Federal Reserve (Fed) is on course to slow down its asset purchases program, or so-called quantitative easing (QE) tapering.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- The “invisible” water crisis: Groundwater sustainability in Asia and the Pacific
- COP27, climate change mitigation, and a just transition for developing Asia
- Redesigning social protection programs beyond the COVID-19 pandemic
- Bringing lawyers back to the table for FIDIC contracts and dispute boards
- Sustainable urban development in India: Emerging issues and the way forward
- Levelling up innovation in Asia on
- Young Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Bank Credit Denials: Evidence from Europe on
- Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines on
- ESG investment growth amid the COVID-19 crisis on
- International partnerships for catalyzing the growth of India’s Smart Cities on