Archive | Economics RSS feed for this section Economics, Finance sector developmentEconomics, Finance sector developmentEconomics, Finance sector developmentEconomics, Governance and public sector management, Health, Private sector developmentEconomics, Energy, Governance and public sector management, Health, Social development and protectionEconomics, Environment, Finance sector development, Governance and public sector managementEconomics, Environment, Finance sector development, Governance and public sector managementEconomics, Finance sector development, Industry and trade, Information and Communications TechnologyEconomics, Environment, Information and Communications Technology, Infrastructure, Social development and protection, Urban developmentClimate change, Economics, Energy
Asia has made substantial progress on economic development over the past 3 decades, with the quality of institutions playing an important role.
Quantitative easing measures in Southeast Asia helped to alleviate pressure on long-term bond yields and support stability in asset markets.
By John Beirne. Posted May 18, 2022
The yen’s safe-haven status has been called into question after sharp depreciations amid rising energy prices and widening global interest rate differentials relative to Japan.
By Shigehiro Shinozaki. Posted April 14, 2022
A critical challenge in achieving inclusive growth is to formalize informal firms and non-contract-based employees.
The COVID-19 outbreak has had wide-ranging impacts on the economies of Central Asia, with uncertainty and protective policy measures contributing to falling demand and supply.
Close collaboration, innovative project design, and technical and management capacity building have supported green development and air quality improvement by the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
By Sayuri Shirai. Posted February 3, 2022
Central banks are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of considering climate change risks, such as physical and transition risks, and some have already launched monetary policy initiatives within the mandate of price stability.
By John Beirne. Posted January 27, 2022
Digitalization is helping to transform economies by enhancing economy-wide competitiveness and productivity, with trade being an important channel. The use of big data and the emergence of online platforms have further bolstered the progression of the digital economy, particularly in Asia.
By Linda Arthur. Posted December 30, 2021
Innovation is playing a vital role in the economic, social, and environmental progress of Asia and the Pacific and has been an important factor in the region's rapid and successful transformation. However, many countries in the region lag behind, innovating at a fraction of the pace as countries in similar or even lower income groups.
By Rabindra Nepal. Posted December 1, 2021
The COP26 summit in Glasgow in November 2021 brought the global community together to accelerate action toward meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). However, achieving these goals will not be possible without effective carbon pricing.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Fintech’s pandemic-related boost to financial inclusion, MSME resilience, and women’s empowerment in Asia
- Land value capture mechanism provides opportunity for sustainable urbanization in developing Asia
- Servitization of digital technologies to advance health inclusion in developing countries
- Prioritizing the fight against cancer in Asia in a post-COVID-19 world
- What can the quality of institutions tell us about macrofinancial resilience in Asia?
- Levelling up innovation in Asia on
- Young Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Bank Credit Denials: Evidence from Europe on
- Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines on
- ESG investment growth amid the COVID-19 crisis on
- International partnerships for catalyzing the growth of India’s Smart Cities on