Archive | Video Blog RSS feed for this section Video BlogVideo BlogVideo Blog
By Grant B. Stillman. Posted August 2, 2018
The promise of high-tech is already widely appreciated in the fields of finance and E-commerce. However, there is also a quiet revolution going on in rural and developing areas where new technologies and practices are being applied to old problems of increasing farm productivity.
By Grant B. Stillman. Posted October 20, 2017
The efficiency of solar power cells and lower cost of storage batteries means it has become possible for isolated villages and whole islands to generate their own electricity off-grid. Indeed, in the aftermath of two hurricanes that struck Puerto Rico, Elon Musk tweeted that independent solar power linked to batteries could rebuild that island’s entire electricity system.
Trade in health products has been flourishing as more and more people demand better health. But countries around the world still apply tariffs and nontariff measures that jack up prices and curb the entry of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and medical equipment.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Building public trust for managing the pandemic’s psychological impacts in the Philippines
- Levelling up innovation in Asia
- Circularity of plastics: From managing waste to generating less waste
- The next steps for meeting nationally determined contributions after COP26
- Carbon pricing’s potential to reduce emissions in Australia offers lessons for Asia