Archive | Video Blog RSS feed for this section Video BlogVideo BlogVideo Blog
By Grant B. Stillman. Posted August 2, 2018
The promise of high-tech is already widely appreciated in the fields of finance and E-commerce. However, there is also a quiet revolution going on in rural and developing areas where new technologies and practices are being applied to old problems of increasing farm productivity.
By Grant B. Stillman. Posted October 20, 2017
The efficiency of solar power cells and lower cost of storage batteries means it has become possible for isolated villages and whole islands to generate their own electricity off-grid. Indeed, in the aftermath of two hurricanes that struck Puerto Rico, Elon Musk tweeted that independent solar power linked to batteries could rebuild that island’s entire electricity system.
Trade in health products has been flourishing as more and more people demand better health. But countries around the world still apply tariffs and nontariff measures that jack up prices and curb the entry of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and medical equipment.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Networks and technologies to assist the vulnerable during the pandemic
- Improve handwashing access to combat COVID-19
- Recovering from shocks is what Asia knows best
- Characterizing financial cycles: Are emerging markets different?
- Economic integration and energy efficiency for energy security in ASEAN