About Derek HondoDerek Hondo is a capacity building and training coordinator at ADBI.
Redesigning social protection programs beyond the COVID-19 pandemic
By Derek Hondo, Julia Haberl and Linda Arthur. Posted November 4, 2022
Governments must redesign social protection programs, making them more resilient and inclusive so that no one is left behind when the next crisis hits.
Circularity of plastics: From managing waste to generating less waste
By Derek Hondo. Posted December 20, 2021
With urbanization and the growing global population, much focus has been placed on finding solutions for improving solid waste management as a way to curb the growing amounts of waste being generated. However, governments should instead look at the root cause of the issue and shift toward exploring ways to generate less waste.
Repurposing food waste: A circular economy approach for the food system
By Derek Hondo. Posted February 19, 2021
As the population in Asia continues to grow, so too will consumption trends. This population growth will continue to have significant impacts on the way goods are manufactured and consumed, as the global “take, make, and dispose” lifestyle has already put enormous stress on raw materials and energy resources.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Maximizing the value of water to end water scarcity in Asia
- Rising corporate market power in Asia threatens monetary policy effectiveness
- Putting an end to the social disease of domestic violence
- Central bank initiatives essential for developing effective sustainable finance markets
- Understanding the multifunctionality of agriculture production for sustainable rural livelihoods