About Derek HondoDerek Hondo is a capacity building and training coordinator at ADBI.
By Derek Hondo. Posted June 29, 2023
People with diverse sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and sex characteristics continue to experience stigma and discrimination, stemming from deeply rooted cultural and societal norms and religious views.
Governments must redesign social protection programs, making them more resilient and inclusive so that no one is left behind when the next crisis hits.
By Derek Hondo. Posted December 20, 2021
With urbanization and the growing global population, much focus has been placed on finding solutions for improving solid waste management as a way to curb the growing amounts of waste being generated. However, governments should instead look at the root cause of the issue and shift toward exploring ways to generate less waste.
By Derek Hondo. Posted February 19, 2021
As the population in Asia continues to grow, so too will consumption trends. This population growth will continue to have significant impacts on the way goods are manufactured and consumed, as the global “take, make, and dispose” lifestyle has already put enormous stress on raw materials and energy resources.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- COP28 and beyond: Linking agri-food systems, SDGs, and climate action
- COP, from pledges to progress: Navigating the climate change landscape for 27 years
- Digitalization for enhancing access to finance and inclusive growth
- Unlocking green hydrogen potential in Central Asia
- Revitalizing South Asia’s groundwater resources with direct-seeded rice
- Levelling up innovation in Asia on
- Young Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Bank Credit Denials: Evidence from Europe on
- Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines on
- ESG investment growth amid the COVID-19 crisis on
- International partnerships for catalyzing the growth of India’s Smart Cities on