Tag Archives | poverty Health, Poverty Reduction, Social Development and PovertyEconomics, Education, Environment, Health, Population, Social Development and Poverty, UrbanSocial Development and Poverty
Indonesia’s subsidized rice program, RASKIN (also known as Operasi Pasar Khusus), constitutes the longest running and the largest in-kind transfer for poor households in Indonesia. In 2010, government expenditure on RASKIN accounted for 53% of the total household-targeted social assistance. What has been the impact of this program on child health in Indonesia? Our recent paper (Gupta and Huang 2018) is, in this regard, the first attempt in the literature to analyze this issue in the context of Indonesia.
Africa and Asia are latecomers to urbanization. In these two continents, less than half live in urban centers, while elsewhere, more than 70% of people do. But Africa and Asia are now rapidly urbanizing, with Asian cities growing at an average of 1.5% per year and Africa’s at 1.1% per year.
By Guanghua Wan. Posted September 4, 2015
On 25–27 September, less than 3 weeks from now, heads of state of 192 nations will sign up for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which will succeed the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) as the new global development agenda. Notwithstanding such an important change, poverty eradication will remain the most important goal and Asia is expected to continue its dominant role in attaining this goal for the world.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and rural development
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Poverty Reduction
- Public-Private Partnership
- Regional Cooperation
- Social Development and Poverty
- Video Blog
- The spillover effects of digital platforms
- Tackling the challenge of growing inequality in Asia
- Fintech adaptation can bridge Asia’s SME financing divide
- Greater partnerships for the effective management of labor migration in Asia
- A step forward in attracting private sector financing for infrastructure projects
- Is female entrepreneurship a coping strategy during crises? on
- Do solar lights help kids do better in school? on
- Sustainable funding schemes for the development of waste management projects in Asia on
- Minimizing the Cost of Fecal Sludge Management through Co-Treatment on
- Energy Efficiency: The Cornerstone for Achieving SDG 7 on