Tag Archives | digital finance EconomicsFinance sector development, Industry and tradeFinance sector developmentPoverty Finance sector development
By John Beirne. Posted January 10, 2020
The rise of the digital age has created challenges for policy makers around the globe in managing their economies. Early work on this issue by Cecchetti (2002) noted that macroeconomic management becomes more complex in an environment of digitalization given shifting trend productivity and difficulties in estimating potential output.
Over 31 million consumers in Viet Nam researched or purchased a product online in 2015. Just ten years ago, internet connectivity was only starting to become common. Digitization is changing how people trade. There are even more dramatic changes happening under the hood. The way trade is financed, processed and regulated has entered a period of disruption. We take this opportunity to consider the short and long term implications of digitization of the trade process. They’re not what you’d expect.
By Lotte Schou-Zibell. Posted May 26, 2016
Due to innovations in financial technology and changes in the enabling environment, the number of financially excluded adults across Asia and the Pacific has dropped to about 1 billion. Increased access to affordable financial services can be a lever for Asians to smoothen consumption, manage risk and improve their lives through better savings options, access to credit, and cheaper payments or remittances.
By Stephen Groff. Posted March 16, 2015
Every time I stop and withdraw cash from an ATM or use my credit card to buy something online, I wonder how many people in Asia have access to such services. In fact, these simple transactions are beyond the reach of 45% of adults in East Asia and the Pacific alone. They are excluded from the formal financial system and will remain so until they open a bank account.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Ocean governance and blue finance for revitalizing the blue economy
- Global survey points to progress on financial inclusion but stubborn gender gaps in Asia
- Reimagining South Asia’s electricity system amid growing energy market volatility
- Rail routes offer boost to India–Bangladesh cross-border trade
- Preparing Southeast Asia’s youth to enter the digital economy
- How does exchange rate volatility affect value added and gross trade? on
- Toward a robust economic recovery from COVID-19 in Asia and the Pacific on
- Crisis X: Is Asia ready to face the next pandemic? on
- Call in the social science cavalry for post-pandemic recovery on
- Central banks lead the way on green monetary policy on