Tag Archives | toilets Governance and public sector management, Health, Poverty, Social development and protection, WaterEducation, Gender, Sanitation
The private sector can play a vital role in solving the sanitation challenge. The following four aspects highlight the importance of private sector participation in sanitation in developing countries, including in Asia.
All the sanitation improvement projects and investments over the years beg the question of whether we have seen a significant increase in school enrollment and gender parity in education or not. While most empirical studies on sanitation focus on the relationship between sanitation and health, recent studies have now looked into the downstream impacts of sanitation on other development indicators, such as those related with education and gender.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Infrastructure investment to spur firm performance in Central Asia
- COP26-aligned fiscal policy instruments for boosting Asian green growth, sustainable recovery
- Should emerging Asia worry about a “taper tantrum” post-COVID-19?
- Supporting the creative economy for sustainable development in Southeast Asia
- Foreign holdings of local currency bonds: A double-edged sword for emerging Asia