About Yugo InagakiYugo Inagaki is an alumnus of Keio University.
What are the reasons behind the decrease in solar module prices?
By Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, Naoyuki Yoshino and Yugo Inagaki. Posted June 25, 2018
The solar photovoltaic energy market has seen huge growth in recent years. Unlike solar thermal energy, which harnesses heat from sunlight to generate electricity, solar photovoltaics or PV is a technology that converts sunlight directly into electricity. The annual worldwide solar PV electricity production increased from 4 terawatt hours (TWh) in 2005 to 247 TWh in 2015 (IEA 2017). In 2016, cumulative solar PV generated over 310 TWh, 26% higher than in 2015 and representing just over 1% of global power output.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Maximizing the value of water to end water scarcity in Asia
- Rising corporate market power in Asia threatens monetary policy effectiveness
- Putting an end to the social disease of domestic violence
- Central bank initiatives essential for developing effective sustainable finance markets
- Understanding the multifunctionality of agriculture production for sustainable rural livelihoods