About Ruth LlovetRuth Llovet Montanes is a research analyst at the Macroeconomics and Growth Unit of the Development Research Group in the World Bank.
As economies in East Asia and the Pacific (EAP) have developed, they have also become important in international financial transactions, both as sources and destinations of cross-border bank lending, foreign direct investment (FDI), and portfolio investments. But, as we document in a new paper (Didier, Llovet, and Schmukler 2017), the composition of these financial connections has been changing in recent years on at least two fronts: (i) the partners with which EAP countries interact, and (ii) the type of financial transactions conducted.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Barefoot doctor 2.0: Making it happen
- Achieving a peaceful world: What can intellectuals do to make it happen?
- Rare diseases in Asia and the Pacific must be tackled too
- Achieving policy objectives for green bonds in ASEAN
- Empowering Thai SMEs to join global value chains: Policy priorities under COVID-19