About Eric Alexander SugandiEric Sugandi is a project consultant at ADBI.
In recent years, cashless payment methods have become increasingly prevalent around the world due to the use of various innovative tools and convenient financial services through mobile phones. This trend is contributing to greater efficiency in our economies and financial systems. Nevertheless, a puzzling phenomenon is that the demand for cash has been rising in many countries. This means that growth in the demand for cash reflects factors other than the transaction motive used for payment. These factors might include opportunity cost, precautionary motives, and other motives such as aging and demand from abroad.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Networks and technologies to assist the vulnerable during the pandemic
- Improve handwashing access to combat COVID-19
- Recovering from shocks is what Asia knows best
- Characterizing financial cycles: Are emerging markets different?
- Economic integration and energy efficiency for energy security in ASEAN