About Ayumi KonishiAyumi Konishi is Director General in the East Asia Regional Department of the Asian Development Bank.
By Ayumi Konishi. Posted August 1, 2017
One of the most daunting challenges for the countries participating in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) program is how to create decent, sustainable jobs. For far too long, many CAREC countries have relied on the capital-intensive extractives sector to drive their economic growth. However, the slowing down of the global economic growth and reduced commodity prices resulted in the substantial increase in unemployment, especially among the youth.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Barefoot doctor 2.0: Making it happen
- Achieving a peaceful world: What can intellectuals do to make it happen?
- Rare diseases in Asia and the Pacific must be tackled too
- Achieving policy objectives for green bonds in ASEAN
- Empowering Thai SMEs to join global value chains: Policy priorities under COVID-19