Tag Archives | Shigehiro Shinozaki Governance and public sector management, Health, Industry and trade
Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines
By Shigehiro Shinozaki. Posted April 23, 2021
The National Capital Region (NCR) and four provinces in the Philippines have returned to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) since 29 March 2021 due to surging cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The ECQ is the strictest measure for prohibiting the movement of people for nonessential purposes and strengthening curfews. The Philippine government moved to the ECQ, or lockdown, to contain the spread of COVID-19 quickly after the pandemic was identified in March 2020.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Should emerging Asia worry about a “taper tantrum” post-COVID-19?
- Supporting the creative economy for sustainable development in Southeast Asia
- Foreign holdings of local currency bonds: A double-edged sword for emerging Asia
- How can the private sector help solve the sanitation challenge?
- Lessons for the informal sector from COVID-19