About Shigehiro ShinozakiShigehiro Shinozaki is a senior economist at the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department of the Asian Development Bank.
By Shigehiro Shinozaki. Posted April 14, 2022
A critical challenge in achieving inclusive growth is to formalize informal firms and non-contract-based employees.
Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines
By Shigehiro Shinozaki. Posted April 23, 2021
The National Capital Region (NCR) and four provinces in the Philippines have returned to enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) since 29 March 2021 due to surging cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The ECQ is the strictest measure for prohibiting the movement of people for nonessential purposes and strengthening curfews. The Philippine government moved to the ECQ, or lockdown, to contain the spread of COVID-19 quickly after the pandemic was identified in March 2020.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Fintech’s pandemic-related boost to financial inclusion, MSME resilience, and women’s empowerment in Asia
- Land value capture mechanism provides opportunity for sustainable urbanization in developing Asia
- Servitization of digital technologies to advance health inclusion in developing countries
- Prioritizing the fight against cancer in Asia in a post-COVID-19 world
- What can the quality of institutions tell us about macrofinancial resilience in Asia?
- Levelling up innovation in Asia on
- Young Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Bank Credit Denials: Evidence from Europe on
- Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines on
- ESG investment growth amid the COVID-19 crisis on
- International partnerships for catalyzing the growth of India’s Smart Cities on