About Shiro ArmstrongShiro Armstrong is co-director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre at the Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, and editor of the East Asia Forum. This piece draws on the April edition of the Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies “Survey of Recent Developments” written with Sjamsu Rahardja.
By Shiro Armstrong. Posted September 16, 2014
Indonesia's president-elect Joko Widodo (Jokowi) has declared he aims to push the growth rate of the economy above 7% a year. The growth rate has been running below 6% a year, and the World Bank and IMF predict that it will continue at 5.6% and 5.8%, respectively, in 2015.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog