About Jyoti RaoJyoti Rao is a PhD student in the Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning, University of Melbourne, Australia.
The cliché “Abandon all hope, ye who enter here” from Dante’s Inferno appears more appropriate to the current housing situation in India than anywhere else. India is facing a daunting housing shortage of 49 million units (Tiwari and Parikh 2012) Going forward, with urbanization and growing economic disparity, the challenges associated with housing availability, provisioning, and use will be further extenuated if appropriate remedial measures through policies and programs are not undertaken.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Barefoot doctor 2.0: Making it happen
- Achieving a peaceful world: What can intellectuals do to make it happen?
- Rare diseases in Asia and the Pacific must be tackled too
- Achieving policy objectives for green bonds in ASEAN
- Empowering Thai SMEs to join global value chains: Policy priorities under COVID-19