About Cyn-Young ParkCyn-Young Park is assistant chief economist and director of the Economic Analysis and Operations Support Division in the Economics Research Department of the Asian Development Bank (ADB). Prior to joining ADB, she served as economist from 1999 to 2002 at the OECD. She received her PhD in economics from Columbia University. She holds a bachelor degree in international economics from Seoul National University.
By Cyn-Young Park. Posted July 23, 2014
The establishment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by the United Nations in 2001 was a defining moment. It rallied a global effort in the fight against poverty, hunger, and disease, while promoting universal education, gender equality, and environmental sustainability.
By Cyn-Young Park. Posted July 4, 2014
The US Fed has been winding down its bond purchase program, widely known as “quantitative easing,” since December 2013. The program was introduced in the wake of the 2008 global financial crisis to fight the recession and foster a rapid economic recovery. With the improvement in the US economy, the Fed suggested at its policy meeting in March that the program may end this coming fall and it may start raising interest rates about six months from then.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Can electric vehicles lead the way to a sustainable future?
- Mitigating climate-related sovereign risk to accelerate action on the climate emergency
- Water security through effective wastewater management: Lessons from Japan’s public–private partnerships
- Asia in need of dialogue for scaling up climate transition finance
- Tools and principles for creating fiscal space for climate adaptation
- Levelling up innovation in Asia on
- Young Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Bank Credit Denials: Evidence from Europe on
- Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines on
- ESG investment growth amid the COVID-19 crisis on
- International partnerships for catalyzing the growth of India’s Smart Cities on