About Amy LeungAmy Leung is Director of Urban Development and Water Division in Southeast Asia at the Asian Development Bank. She is also Chair of ADB’s in-house Water Community of Practice and has over 20 years of experience in urban planning and city development. After her BA in Geography from the University of Hong Kong and Masters in the same field from the University of Toronto, she worked in the public and private sectors in Canada before moving on to Asia where she obtained an MBA from the National University of Singapore in 1999. Her expertise includes urban planning, water and sustainable development, public-private partnerships, and green cities.
By Amy Leung. Posted October 16, 2014
With the urban population swelling the world over, it makes sense that we start—or go back to—designing cities for people too. People are a city’s principal raison d'etre. Cities therefore should be designed or redesigned to address one aspect that is at a more personal level for residents to make it greener: walkability.
By Amy Leung. Posted May 13, 2014
Asia’s drive to urbanize is taking an increasing toll on the environment with growing mountains of solid waste as city dwellers consume and discard resources at an ever increasing rate. If “green” cities are to be the answer to these environmental stresses then they will need to develop much more effective programs to reduce, reuse, recycle and recover waste.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Macroeconomic stabilization in the digital age: What should policy makers be aware of?
- Closing the gender gap in peer-to-peer lending
- E-learning to enhance capacities in Asia and the Pacific
- Political risks in energy-transporting countries and energy security in the Caspian Basin
- Land readjustment in Japan: Beyond the myth of Japanese consensus and harmony
- Is female entrepreneurship a coping strategy during crises? on
- Do solar lights help kids do better in school? on
- Sustainable funding schemes for the development of waste management projects in Asia on
- Minimizing the Cost of Fecal Sludge Management through Co-Treatment on
- Energy Efficiency: The Cornerstone for Achieving SDG 7 on