Tag Archives | Obesity HealthEconomics, Education, HealthGender, Health
By Soewarta Kosen. Posted February 2, 2018
Overweight and obesity are on the rise in Indonesia. The results of the Basic Health Survey, a national, community-based survey that measures body mass index (BMI), for 2007, 2010, and 2013 show the rising prevalence of overweight and obesity in Indonesia. Several combining factors increase overweight and obesity. These include the consumption of energy-dense food, the intensive advertisement of unhealthy food, and the consumption of unhealthy school meals. Read more.
By Jillian Wate. Posted August 10, 2017
The Pacific Island region is made up of 22 island countries and the territories of Polynesia, Micronesia, and Melanesia. There is great cultural diversity in the region, with about 1,200 languages spoken and a variety of exotic cultures. Surrounded by the vast Pacific Ocean, the land mass of the countries varies considerably. Read more.
By Wankyo Chung. Posted April 26, 2017
Obesity is a state of excessive body fat accumulation and is difficult to measure. Body mass index (BMI)—defined as weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters—has been used traditionally for its simplicity and the availability of data. Although shortcomings of using BMI have been acknowledged, its correlation with body fat percentage and its sensitivity in diagnosing obesity based on the body fat percentage have been verified for Korean people (Chung et al. 2016). Read more.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and rural development
- Information and Communications Technology
- Poverty Reduction
- Public-Private Partnership
- Regional Cooperation
- Social Development and Poverty
- Video Blog
- Young Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Bank Credit Denials: Evidence from Europe
- What Do Structural Economic Reforms Promise for the Future of Azerbaijan?
- Impact of Retaliatory Trade Enforcement Actions on the World Trade Organization and Trade Governance
- Next generation of quality development and investment in the new Pacific trade pact
- Energy Efficiency: The Cornerstone for Achieving SDG 7
- Energy Efficiency: The Cornerstone for Achieving SDG 7 on
- Energy strategies must consider all parts of the ‘energy trilemma’ on
- Exploring the trade–urbanization nexus in developing economies: evidence and implications on
- Escaping the middle income trap: Innovate or perish on
- Hometown investment trust funds: A sustainable solution for financing green energy projects on