Tag Archives | China Economics, Finance sector development, Governance and public sector managementEconomicsEconomics, Environment, Industry and trade
The People’s Republic of China (PRC) has been liberalizing its financial system for nearly 4 decades. While it now has a comprehensive financial system with a large number of financial institutions and large financial assets, its financial policies are still highly repressive. These repressive financial policies are now a major hindrance to the PRC’s economic growth (Huang and Wang 2011).
By Zhang Bin. Posted January 5, 2018
After rapid economic growth lasting more than 30 years, the People’s Republic of China (PRC) has stepped into the upper middle-income stage. The country’s gross domestic product (GDP) per capita reached $6,416 (constant 2010 dollars) in 2015, equivalent to $13,400 in international dollars under purchasing power parity (constant 2011 international dollars).
In recent decades, amid the increasing trend of globalization, it has become prevalent in world trade that firms in some countries outsource intermediate and/or finished goods or services from other firms in foreign countries for the purpose of lowering production costs and increasing production efficiency.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Achieving fiscal sustainability in the face of demographic change
- Economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and oil price collapse
- SMEs in global value chains: Catalysts for dynamic and inclusive economic growth
- How should ASEAN and ASEAN+3 respond to the COVID-19 crisis?
- The tip of the iceberg for COVID-19 cases in developing Asia?
- Global stimulus to fight the COVID-19 pandemic on
- How should ASEAN and ASEAN+3 respond to the COVID-19 crisis? on
- Characterizing financial cycles: Are emerging markets different? on
- Improve handwashing access to combat COVID-19 on
- Some knowledge economy lessons from the Republic of Korea for Africa on