Tag Archives | volatility Economics, Industry and TradeEconomics, Finance, Trade
Energy, especially from oil and its derivatives, is a key factor of production in an economy and is widely used in different sectors—including transportation, agriculture, and industry—in households, and as a raw material in the production of petrochemical products. As such, energy has great value and affects other commodity prices. Since the first oil price shock of 1973, examining the effects of changes in energy prices, especially of oil, on macro and microeconomic levels has become one of the most fundamental issues of energy economics (Taghizadeh-Hesary et al. 2013).
By Yizhe Daniel Xie. Posted April 19, 2017
The rise of Donald Trump has reignited the debate on the link between exchange rates and trade. The Trump administration has blamed the exchange rate policies of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), Japan, and Germany for the current account deficit in the United States (US), and the president’s Twitter posts have put many major currencies on a roller coaster ride. Now, policy makers around the globe are concerned about the negative impact of exchange rate volatility on world trade.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and rural development
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Poverty Reduction
- Public-Private Partnership
- Regional Cooperation
- Social Development and Poverty
- Video Blog
- The impact of trade opening on developing Asia: Evidence and policy implications
- High-Speed Rail: Necessary but not sufficient for socioeconomic development
- Services policies and manufacturing exports
- How services helped power “Factory Asia”
- What can services trade policy do for sustainable development?
- Is female entrepreneurship a coping strategy during crises? on
- Do solar lights help kids do better in school? on
- Sustainable funding schemes for the development of waste management projects in Asia on
- Minimizing the Cost of Fecal Sludge Management through Co-Treatment on
- Energy Efficiency: The Cornerstone for Achieving SDG 7 on