Tag Archives | G20 Climate change, Governance and public sector managementGovernance and public sector management, Regional cooperation and integrationCapacity development, Education, Information and Communications Technology, Social development and protectionEconomics
The G7 and G20 recognize the paramount importance of innovation in steering economies toward a more sustainable future.
Think20 has become a mechanism for providing research-based policy recommendations to address shifting global challenges.
By Peter J. Morgan. Posted June 28, 2019
Education is a key driver for sustainable development (UNESCO 2018). However, the goal of realizing education for all in the Digital Age faces two major challenges. First, many countries and economies are still not ensuring quality education for all. Millions of children and youth still lack the necessary tools to realize their potential amid economic, political, and social strife. Second, with the emergence of the fourth Industrial Revolution and the growing use of automation, big data, and artificial intelligence, human labor is being substituted increasingly by machines or algorithms.
By Matthias Helble. Posted December 8, 2015
The G20 leader’s summit came to a close earlier this month in Istanbul, Turkey. The emphasis of Turkey’s G20 presidency this year is on “inclusive and robust global growth.” Turkey recognizes inequality as a major problem within countries as well as across national borders and stresses the need for reducing inequality in order to achieve mutual growth. In this article, I examine the relationship between income inequality and health among G20 countries. I find that as income inequality lessens, key health outcomes, such as child mortality and life expectancy, also improve substantially. This is an important finding that could provide guidance for ADB member economies in formulating their domestic policies to foster inclusive growth.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- COP28 and beyond: Linking agri-food systems, SDGs, and climate action
- COP, from pledges to progress: Navigating the climate change landscape for 27 years
- Digitalization for enhancing access to finance and inclusive growth
- Unlocking green hydrogen potential in Central Asia
- Revitalizing South Asia’s groundwater resources with direct-seeded rice
- Levelling up innovation in Asia on
- Young Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Bank Credit Denials: Evidence from Europe on
- Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines on
- ESG investment growth amid the COVID-19 crisis on
- International partnerships for catalyzing the growth of India’s Smart Cities on