About Naoko NemotoNaoko Nemoto is a financial economist at ADBI.
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investment is critical for achieving inclusive growth in Asia and can play a critical role in reducing the income inequality caused by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) play a vital role as a driving force in economies around the world, especially in Asia. SMEs in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region are estimated to comprise more than 98% of the total number of enterprises, and they contribute to around 40% of gross domestic product.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Social infrastructure to drive sustainable development in Asia beyond the pandemic
- Unfolding a holistic approach to disaster risk reduction
- Taxation and digitalization in the COVID-19 era
- Climate change impacts in Asia are all essentially a water story
- Top journal articles on sanitation reveal new policy insights