About Anil Dutt VyasAnil Dutt Vyas is a Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Manipal University Jaipur, India.
Do the socioeconomic spillovers from sewage treatment plants in developing countries justify heavy investment in them?
Decent sanitation for all is crucial for rapidly urbanizing developing countries, such as India. As large volumes of wastewater in developing countries remain untreated, the investments in treatment facilities have not kept pace with the steady increases in population and urbanization and the resulting increases in wastewater volumes.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Achieving resilient emerging market economies amid the macroeconomic challenges of the 21st century
- Fintech development transforming the financial landscape in the People’s Republic of China
- Repurposing food waste: A circular economy approach for the food system
- Digital transformation poses potential risks for stability and the financial industry
- Making citywide inclusive sanitation a reality through capacity development