Tag Archives | investments Environment, Trade
By Sugata Marjit. Posted January 29, 2018
India embarked on a path of liberal economic reform in the 1990s after years of nurturing an intensively regulated and controlled economic environment that was loosened slightly in the mid-1980s. The most important and critical segments of this reform were trade and foreign investment. India has felt the impact of globalization through increased prosperity, partly triggered by increasing trade volumes, investment, and growth.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and rural development
- Industry and Trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Poverty Reduction
- Public-Private Partnership
- Regional Cooperation
- Social Development and Poverty
- Video Blog
- Perspectives on Mekong-Japan cooperation for inclusive growth and mutual benefits
- Productivity spillovers from services firms in low- and middle-income countries: What is the role of firm characteristics and services liberalization?
- Does skilled emigration matter for real exchange rate volatility?
- Kuznets beyond Kuznets: Structural transformation and income distribution in the era of globalization in Asia
- Is female entrepreneurship a coping strategy during crises?
- Sustainable funding schemes for the development of waste management projects in Asia on
- Minimizing the Cost of Fecal Sludge Management through Co-Treatment on
- Energy Efficiency: The Cornerstone for Achieving SDG 7 on
- Spillover effects of quantitative easing on the Asian credit market and policy options on
- Energy strategies must consider all parts of the ‘energy trilemma’ on