About Rabindra NepalRabindra Nepal, School of Business, Faculty of Business and Law, University of Wollongong, Australia.
By Rabindra Nepal. Posted December 1, 2021
The COP26 summit in Glasgow in November 2021 brought the global community together to accelerate action toward meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). However, achieving these goals will not be possible without effective carbon pricing.
By Rabindra Nepal. Posted November 20, 2020
Asia needs to rely on energy efficiency improvements to meet its growing energy demand, which has been driven by industrialisation, urbanisation, and rising incomes among the ballooning middle class. Energy efficiency improvements and investments in green technology development and deployment are necessary to mitigate the adverse impacts of climate change. However, the question of how to finance these improvements in energy efficiency and the greater deployment of renewable energy sources is serving to be a significant challenge in this important economic region.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Fintech’s pandemic-related boost to financial inclusion, MSME resilience, and women’s empowerment in Asia
- Land value capture mechanism provides opportunity for sustainable urbanization in developing Asia
- Servitization of digital technologies to advance health inclusion in developing countries
- Prioritizing the fight against cancer in Asia in a post-COVID-19 world
- What can the quality of institutions tell us about macrofinancial resilience in Asia?
- Levelling up innovation in Asia on
- Young Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and Bank Credit Denials: Evidence from Europe on
- Rethinking the impact of the lockdown on micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises in the Philippines on
- ESG investment growth amid the COVID-19 crisis on
- International partnerships for catalyzing the growth of India’s Smart Cities on