About Huang YipingHuang Yiping is Jin Guang chair professor of economics and deputy dean of the National School of Development and director of the Institute of Digital Finance of Peking University.
The People’s Republic of China (PRC) has been liberalizing its financial system for nearly 4 decades. While it now has a comprehensive financial system with a large number of financial institutions and large financial assets, its financial policies are still highly repressive. These repressive financial policies are now a major hindrance to the PRC’s economic growth (Huang and Wang 2011).
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- East Asia’s boom in capital market financing
- Do the socioeconomic spillovers from sewage treatment plants in developing countries justify heavy investment in them?
- T20 and realizing education for all in the Digital Age
- The spillover effects of digital platforms
- Tackling the challenge of growing inequality in Asia
- Is female entrepreneurship a coping strategy during crises? on
- Do solar lights help kids do better in school? on
- Sustainable funding schemes for the development of waste management projects in Asia on
- Minimizing the Cost of Fecal Sludge Management through Co-Treatment on
- Energy Efficiency: The Cornerstone for Achieving SDG 7 on