About Han PhouminHan Phoumin is an Energy Economist at the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) in Jakarta, Indonesia.
By Han Phoumin. Posted May 3, 2017
Some 134 million people in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region do not have access to electricity (IEA and ERIA, 2013). At the end of 2015, the ASEAN Community declared that the lack of power and energy access could threaten the region’s economic growth and its economic transition. Read more.
Energy security and sustained growth: Analysis of the energy outlook and savings potential in the EAS region
By Han Phoumin. Posted November 18, 2015
Sustained population and economic growth have almost doubled both primary and final energy demand in the East Asia Summit (EAS) region, and this rising energy demand is posing an increasing threat to energy security. Examination of potential energy saving is key to reducing energy demand and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, and findings can shed light on policy implications for decision making to ensure the region can enjoy economic growth without compromising energy security or causing environmental problems. Read more.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and rural development
- Information and Communications Technology
- Poverty Reduction
- Public-Private Partnership
- Regional Cooperation
- Social Development and Poverty
- Monetary policy spillovers in emerging Asia
- Asia’s financial connections with the rest of the world: Changing patterns
- Digital trade needs more coordination, leadership
- Electrifying emerging ASEAN through off-grid distributed renewable energy systems
- Economic impacts of obesity in the Republic of Korea
- Escaping the middle income trap: Innovate or perish on
- Hometown investment trust funds: A sustainable solution for financing green energy projects on
- Why is Income Distributed Unequally? A Comparison of Japan and the United States on
- Why poor countries should invest first in national trade infrastructure on
- Market failure or low-skills equilibrium? on