Tag Archives | pandemic Economics, Health, Regional cooperation and integrationEconomics, Governance and public sector management, Health, Social development and protectionEconomics, Environment, Health, Social development and protectionEconomics, Health, Social development and protection
By Jayant Menon. Posted December 23, 2020
While financial markets have responded strongly to the emergency-use authorization of various coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccines in several countries, the economic impacts will take much longer to materialize. One reason for this is that vaccinating 60% or more of populations to achieve herd immunity will take time. Reaching herd immunity is critical given the possibility that those vaccinated may still be infectious, despite being immune to the disease.
By John Beirne. Posted December 17, 2020
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has been a truly global shock to public health, causing one of the most severe global economic downturns since the Great Depression of the 1930s. Against this context, the 2020 ADBI Annual Conference brought together leading academics, think tank researchers, and policy makers to discuss the impacts of COVID-19 and its policy implications, with a focus on Asia and the Pacific.
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investment is critical for achieving inclusive growth in Asia and can play a critical role in reducing the income inequality caused by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
By Pitchaya Sirivunnabood. Posted May 25, 2020
Asia is advancing toward becoming a gray society, though some countries are in the early stages and some are more advanced. The longevity revolution is being demonstrated through longer life expectancies due to medical innovation and improvements in medical care, as well as people having healthier lifestyles. Meanwhile, a continuously decreasing trend in fertility rates is being witnessed across the region. These two factors combined create the demographic transition of population aging. This demographic transition is not new, and its socioeconomic impacts have spread widely in many economies in Asia and the Pacific.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Climate change
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- What can the quality of institutions tell us about macrofinancial resilience in Asia?
- Ocean governance and blue finance for revitalizing the blue economy
- Global survey points to progress on financial inclusion but stubborn gender gaps in Asia
- Reimagining South Asia’s electricity system amid growing energy market volatility
- Rail routes offer boost to India–Bangladesh cross-border trade
- How does exchange rate volatility affect value added and gross trade? on
- Toward a robust economic recovery from COVID-19 in Asia and the Pacific on
- Crisis X: Is Asia ready to face the next pandemic? on
- Call in the social science cavalry for post-pandemic recovery on
- Central banks lead the way on green monetary policy on