Tag Archives | fintech Finance sector development, Information and Communications TechnologyEconomics, Finance sector development, Information and Communications Technology
By Bihong Huang. Posted December 13, 2019
Financial inclusion for women has been embraced by policy makers as an important development priority. However, despite women having lower risk preferences and higher creditworthiness, the gender gap in access to finance is still prevalent in the traditional credit market. This is due to various factors, such as differences in employment opportunities, legal obstacles, cultural norms, and limited access to the guarantee mechanism, among others.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) play a vital role as a driving force in economies around the world, especially in Asia. SMEs in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region are estimated to comprise more than 98% of the total number of enterprises, and they contribute to around 40% of gross domestic product.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Capacity development
- Finance sector development
- Governance and public sector management
- Industry and trade
- Information and Communications Technology
- Private sector development
- Regional cooperation and integration
- Social development and protection
- Urban development
- Video Blog
- Networks and technologies to assist the vulnerable during the pandemic
- Improve handwashing access to combat COVID-19
- Recovering from shocks is what Asia knows best
- Characterizing financial cycles: Are emerging markets different?
- Economic integration and energy efficiency for energy security in ASEAN