About Mercedita A. SombillaMercedita A. Sombilla is director for agriculture, natural resources and environment at the Philippine National Economic and Development Authority.
The green revolution has done wonders for Asia. Yields for most crops, particularly the region's main staple of rice, have doubled over recent decades. In the Lower Mekong Delta, considered to be Asia's rice bowl, the new technologies and crop strains that the green revolution brought were a big success. Read more.
Subscribe / Connect to Asia Pathways
- Agriculture and rural development
- Information and Communications Technology
- Poverty Reduction
- Public-Private Partnership
- Regional Cooperation
- Social Development and Poverty
- The PRC’s international capacity cooperation exports both industrial capacity and financial risk
- Blockchain pilots making waves in developing Asia
- Will 2025 be the final deadline for the ASEAN Economic Community?
- Pointers from Asia for urbanization in Africa
- Is corruption “sand in the wheels” for credit markets? Evidence from European MSMEs
- Escaping the middle income trap: Innovate or perish on
- Hometown investment trust funds: A sustainable solution for financing green energy projects on
- Why is Income Distributed Unequally? A Comparison of Japan and the United States on
- Why poor countries should invest first in national trade infrastructure on
- Market failure or low-skills equilibrium? on